Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

A Good Task When I'm Feeling Under the Weather

Before:

After:

I had originally used these pretty mother-of-pearl rings to try to keep the skeins neat, but it never worked well; I think size 5 and 3 pearl cotton was just too thick.  This idea (did I get it from Wild Olive? Pinterest? Who knows?) works much better; on one end of the stick I wrote the size of the thread, and on the other the color.

I started with a bag of 75 sticks, and I only have seven left -- that's a lot of thread!

What do I do with all these rings, now?
Jewelry is an obvious solution; a ring might work well with the steampunky earrings I'm contemplating.  There are lots of ways I could link them into a bracelet.  And, of course, I could use them to store more delicate threads, or keep threads sorted for a particular project.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, a nice neat floss box! Too bad it comes at the price of being under the weather, hope you're feeling well soon :)

    p.s. the rings are really neat!

    ReplyDelete